Thursday, January 31, 2013

Two weeks in pictures ...

In an effort to (quickly) catch you up on my progress over the past few weeks, this blog post is mostly made up of pictures (each one is worth 1000 words, no?) So here we go ...

Plantar Fasciitis is on the mend ... or at least being held at bay. Almost every other night I wear "the boot" over night after stretching the crap out of my calves and rolling my foot on "the ball" for a good five minutes. Seems to be working as I'm having little foot soreness and it doesn't hurt much anymore when standing/walking in bare feet.

The Boot
The Ball


The Book

My runs have been going well. I'm still fore-foot running and am ever-reading and researching to ensure I'm doing it properly. THE best description I've come across to date has come from a book my CrossFit coach told me about. Given the great content on running, I can't wait to get to the parts on biking and swimming.

The Shoes
Left - Inov8s / Right - Mizunos

I recently dumped my Mizunos and am running in my CrossFit shoes (Inov8 F-lite 195s) Because of the height of the heel and the heel-toe differential of the Mizunos, I realized that my heel probably hasn't been dropping like it should and that essentially, I've been running on my toes for the past while. Since switching to my Inov8s, my calves feel better and (surprisingly) so do the balls of my feet.

The Training Video
Biking is going really good - probably my favourite discipline right now. My trainer rides are up to about 2.5 hrs now. TV episodes don't cut it anymore so I've turned to movies to keep my mind occupied. In a few weeks time I will try out the training DVD my hubby got me for Christmas - a 56 mile virtual training ride of the Lake Placid course.


Lastly, I got my bike zones re-tested the other day and I've made progress! My new Zone 1 is my old Zone 2 meaning my body has become more efficient at clearing lactate and my base speed has gotten faster by about 4 km/h.

F*#% YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment